Monday, December 24, 2012

torn between...

I'm starting to feel for someone, and yes it's a very nice feeling, a very comfortable feeling...

but I can't stop wondering, at the back of my head, about all the past failed relationships, about all the hearts I have broken, ex-s, flings, dates...

I've asked myself the hard questions, I've talked to friends to get their opinions...
I'm still lost, I'm still torn...
that emotional, sentimental side of me wants to see where this could lead to...
the logical and sensible side of me suggest that I sit down, talk, and clarify certain issues out first...

I haven't felt this way in months, and I like feeling this way...
I like caring for someone, I like waking up missing someone, I like knowing that fact that I'm missed...

but my likes, my wants, they could lead to disaster...
so the logical course of action is to stick to the pre-agreed terms, to reiterated the parameters that we set...

I'm done taking risks, and I have to learn to control myself...

besides, "good things come to those who wait"...
it won't hurt me to wait, and to see if this is merely a period of infatuation, or do I genuinely care for this person...

No comments: